Tuesday, April 17, 2012
One Month!
T-minus one month until departure!!! I literally cannot even begin to imagine how much my world will change in just a few short weeks: the culture, the people, the crazy schedules, and the work we will be doing all feel so distant and unknown, yet soon I will be right in the middle of it all. God has really been preparing my heart over the past month or so through unique encounters, experiences, and words of encouragement from others. He is so faithful to me, even in these times of uncertainty.
One particular way that God has spoken to me recently is through the “Experience Easter” event I attended at PDBC right before our Easter Break. The night was designed to take each person on a “self-guided journey of reflection and restoration” through different mediums: songs, meditation and journaling, a prayer labyrinth, etc. The room where God really spoke was designed as a “Prayer for the Nations” space. As I entered the room, there was a large printout of the entire map of Asia posted on the wall. Pictures of real people with real stories about their hardships and struggles from across the nation broke my heart one by one. It was as if God was beginning to attach a face and personality to this place that I have prayed about for so many months now.
These moments were just a taste of what I will experience once I arrive in Asia, but just those short few minutes left me more broken than ever before. God used that precious time to awaken a passion in my heart for the people I will soon encounter. I left with a desire for sincere action: to love to my fullest extent, to show compassion in every way I can, to bring the most sincere joy of Christ to each and every person I encounter while on my journey and to leave that joy with them as I depart.
Please join me in praying over the desires God placed on my heart as we inch closer to departure day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment