-->

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Dallas Reunion

Today, I spent six hours driving to McKinney to be reunited with Megan, one of my best friends who has been studying abroad in Oxford all semester. She's given me some great insight on international travel, and has definitely helped calm my pre-departure nerves. I'll stay here with her for the night and she will take me to DFW bright and early in the morning for my flight to Seoul.

For my last American dinner, her sweet mom cooked a homemade chicken pot pie. It was delicious! For dessert, Megan made "Zillmer Pie," a sinful concoction of oreos, chocolate pudding, cool whip, and other chocolatey-goodness. I must say, I will definitely be missing the rich American desserts while I'm away, but I'm sure I'll find other exciting foods to take their place :)...

Here's Megan and I about to devour our yummy desserts:



Today, I'm thankful for my wonderful friends and family who have spoken such encouraging words to me as I prepare for my departure. I can't reiterate how much of a blessing it is to be reminded that the details of this trip are ALL in God's hands.

Prayers for safe travels are appreciated. This time tomorrow I will be in SOUTH KOREA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment