Let's just say that yesterday didn't really go as planned. After flying from Seoul to Shanghai, the plan was to purchase train tickets to our next destination and travel there by the evening. This plan was problematic, though. With millions of people in one city, it's easy to see why train tickets sell quickly. TWO sold out stations and several hours of frantic walking/subway riding/nervous debating later, we made an executive decision to spend the night in a Shanghai motel and leave the following day (today). As I've been told many times before: traveling is about being flexible :)
So, here I sit in the Shanghai railway station preparing for our upcoming week in China. I've only been in China for 24 hours, but from what I've already observed I can say that this place is distinctly different from Korea. The people, the food, the overall "feeling"- I just know I am in for many new experiences. I literally have no idea what to expect once we reach our destination, and that feeling brings me back to the nervous moments before I left home for this trip. One thing I do know is this: the Lord has blessed us and provided for us thus far, and I am confident that His provisions will continue.
Please pray for calmed nerves, positive relations with school officials, and a week filled with many new friendships and blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment