I’ve been wrestling with nerves for the past few days. I won’t lie, it’s very easy to get bogged down by the MANY ”what ifs” of this trip. As I look back on the past, I see how faithful God has been in each struggle we have faced thus far and I can’t help but laugh at how unnecessary it was for me to worry. Yet I still find myself being apprehensive about the “culture shock” I’ll be experiencing come next week when I step off the plane and into a new world.
Amidst all of my silly worried thoughts, God knew exactly what I needed to hear to calm my recurring fears. I took a break from studying for finals last night and had dinner with the Leadership Team I’ve been a part of at PDBC for the past year. I was blessed by the conversation I had with three amazingly wise girls who offered more encouragement in that hour than I could have ever anticipated.
As I shared my worries, the girls reminded me that the trip I am about to embark on is SO different than what I’m used to for a reason. New cultures, new lifestyles, new food, new habits…ALL of these new scenarios are a chance for me to get out of my comfort zone and LIVE A LITTLE. God works in marvelous ways when we are willing to step out of our comfort zones. As one of the girls said to me,
“Check your comfortability at the door and be open to every new experience you’re faced with. It’s going to be WONDERFULLY FREEING!”
What would our lives look like if we lived every single day with this mindset? I challenge you to pray for peace amidst discomfort in your own life today as I pray for it throughout the course of my trip.

I am so proud of you. I always knew God would do great things in you and through you. I have your letter on my fridge to remind me to pray. Love and Blessings on you. Mrs. King
ReplyDelete